*Article includes sponsored link*
There are many times in one’s life in where you have to move. Whether you’re going away to college, getting your first apartment, or moving into a house of your very own. Moving can be quite a big ordeal, especially if you own a lot of things. I would like to share with you 6 helpful tips to make moving a little easier!
1) Purge, purge, purge! Go through all of your belongings and decide what you want to bring with you and what you don’t want and/or need anymore.
2) Garage sale: Once you have sorted through everything, you probably found a bunch of items that would like to part with. Why not try to help pay for your moving expenses by having a garage sale?!
3) Donations: Whether it be food or goods… your church, local shelter, food bank, and/or other local charities would be thrilled to accept your donations and put them to good use.
Once you have narrowed down what you want to bring with you, now it’s time to pack!
4) Boxes: Make sure you get enough boxes to be able to safely pack your items. The last thing you want is to un-box everything only to find a bunch of broken items. Oh no! A helpful money-saving tip would be to go to your local grocery store and ask for their boxes. This way you are recycling and saving a bunch of money in the process. A win-win, if you ask me!
5) Packing tape: As long as you are taping up your boxes, see if you can find packing tape that tells you where the box belongs in your new living quarters. This will save you the time and energy of having to write down on each box what is stored inside and where it should be unpacked.
6) Storage Unit: There are always going to be items that you just aren’t sure what to do with. It can be due to its size, sentimental value, or just the fact that you won’t have room for it at your new place. My suggestion to you, is to rent a storage unit. This will also be good to have for many other reasons as well. Check out this handy list of 5 Reasons Why You Need Short Term Self Storage.
Shown in the article above, bonus reason #6 is something my husband and I had to use for a few months until we figured out what to do with his vintage car. This was a handy and well-priced alternative to a bunch of other options we researched.
I hope you found these easy and simple tips helpful! Moving can be a stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be. With these tips you will be able to save time and money. Which, I think everyone wouldn’t mind having a little more of both.
Disclosure: A sponsored link is included in this post. However, this article was written solely by myself and all opinions are my own.